Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does Pending mean?
- Pending means we have received your order. We are looking into the quickest way to get your items fulfilled and to you, whether it be pulling from our shelves, ordering from our distributor, or a combination of both.
What is the average time to process a order?
- If we have the items on our shelves, it takes may take several business days due to the high volume of online orders.
- If we have to request the items from our distributor, it takes seven and ten business days on average.
- If the item is on backorder, it may take much longer for us to receive the items from our distributor. We really can't guess on a date.
What does ships in 1 - 5 days mean?
- It will take 1 -5 days of shipping, after we process your order, before you receive the package on your doorstep.
Your website said the book is in stock at your store. Why isn't my order ready?
- Sometimes, that item has been sold to a customer before you and our website hasnt' updated the sale yet. If that happens, we need to order it from our distributor. If we are able to retrieve the book from our shelves, it may take several business days due to the high volume of online orders.
I never received an email telling me the status of my order.
- Make sure to check your junk and spam folders, just in case that has an email pertaining to the status of your order. If you have any additional questions about your order, not answered on this page, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have several gift cards I want to use for my order but the ordering system only allows me to put in one card.
- You can always use the Notes field to enter additional gift card numbers and we will apply them to your order.
What does backordered mean?
- If the distributor has put an item on backorder, that means they are waiting for the publisher to print more copies of the book. As such, it may take a bit longer to get to us. Sometimes, the distributor puts an estimated date on their website, but unfortunately, that's not always guaranteed. Sometimes the publisher decides not to print more copies, making the book out of print and unavailable for us to order. If that happens, we will contact you to let you know your book is out of print and unable to be ordered.
How will I know when my order is ready for pick-up?
- Keep an eye on your email. Customers are notified via email from our ordering system when the order is ready for pickup. Pickup is currently Fridays and Saturdays from 12p-4pm. You can request a particular day/time but we cannot guarantee fulfillment.
I cancelled my order and don't see a refund on my credit card.
- We only authorize your credit card when you place the order but we do not charge your card until we ship the first book. Many credit card companies show a "pending" or "temporary hold" on your card for this authorization. We have not received any money from you. When we cancel your order, this "pending" charge just disappears off your card without ever charging it. This may take several days after you cancel your order.
I only received one book. Why was I charged for the whole order?
- If we send one book, we commit to completing your entire order. Instead of charging your card for each book, we charge the whole order and ship as we receive the books.
My question isn't on this page. Who can I contact?
- You can email us at email@example.com if you need help placing an order or finding a book not listed on our website.
- You can also reach us on our Contact Us page