The Ultimate Guide to the UBE (Uniform Bar Exam) (Bar Review) (Spiral)
The Ultimate Guide to the UBE (Uniform Bar Exam) is your "one stop shop" for all things UBE (Uniform Bar Exam). Now administered in over 35 jurisdictions, bar exam takers don't want to just pass - they want to excel and obtain the highest score possible so they have their choice of UBE jurisdictions. This Guide covers it all - from the basics of what is tested on the UBE, to the best ways to personalize your bar exam study, to the most important of all - how to maximize your score on each of the three sections of the UBE.
With over 40 years of combined experience in preparing students to pass the bar exam, Tania Shah, Melissa Hale, and Antonia (Toni) Miceli bring their expertise in the bar exam field directly to you and use actual bar exam answers from real bar examinees to show you exactly what you need to do to pick up points on the UBE
- Whether you are in a new UBE jurisdiction, or one of the original UBE jurisdictions, this guide provides you with a detailed approach to the UBE, combining the authors' expertise in bar exam preparation with access to actual bar exam answers from real bar examinees that were written during past bar exams and graded by actual bar exam graders.
- The Ultimate Guide to the UBE shows readers what an actual bar exam answer looks like, rather than just telling them what the "perfect," and mostly impossible, essay answer looks like. The material in this book appeals to readers with its straightforward approach, providing outlines, charts, easily digestible content, and good humor to engage readers with what could seem to be overwhelming and dry content.
The Ultimate Guide to the UBE is organized and broken down into four sections:
- First, the Guide introduces the reader to the UBE, including what is tested on the UBE, how it is tested, and how it is scored, before guiding readers into their bar exam study, with tips on memory, time management, and scheduling.
- Next, the Guide introduces the reader to the Multistate Essay Exam (MEE), which is the essay component of the UBE. After breaking down how to prepare for the MEE, and how to structure an MEE answer, the Guide uses actual MEE questions and actual bar exam answers to take the reader, step by step, through maximizing your MEE score. Readers are given the chance to "be the grader" and learn how to self-assess their own answers to improve their MEE score.
- The Guide repeats this same process with the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), which is the closed-universe skills portion of the UBE.
- The Guide next tackles the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE), which is the multiple choice section of the UBE. The Guide focuses on each of the seven MBE subjects in independent chapters, where readers are guided through how to best attack MBE questions in that subject area, which include very detailed answer explanations and strategy pointers.
- Finally, the Guide provides readers with all of the law needed to answer the actual UBE questions presented in the Guide, including quick reference handouts and charts.