Habits of Highly Effective Teachers: The Ultimate Guide To Practical Behaviour Management That Works! (Paperback)
What do I do when students won't stop talking?
How can I stop students wasting time and disrupting other students?
What can I do about disrespectful students?
Difficult student behaviours can keep you awake at night Effective classroom management can feel elusive and you feel isolated and incompetent dealing with students. Problematic student behaviour can lead to teacher stress, frustration and yes, even tears. You didn't learn about this at uni
If you dream of a classroom where you can get on with the business of teaching and learning without being interrupted by poor student behaviour, Habits of Highly Effective Teachers is the book for you.
Well-regarded trainer, speaker and author Marie Amaro, has over 30 years' experience in the classroom. As a teacher, she really understands the unique challenges that face teachers today, the difficulties and demands on teachers and how to provide solutions that are achievable and easily implemented.
Learn what good teachers do, so you can do it too
- How to establish clear expectations for behaviour in the classroom
- The secret to building rapport with students while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- How to reduce conflict with students through prevention and early intervention
- Simple ways to reinforce expected behaviour throughout the day
- How to skilfully redirect inappropriate student behaviour
- Highly practical teaching strategies to motivate and engage students